- Created an Advanced Placement Literature and Composition curriculum.
- Created a department-wide plan to improve the skills of sophomores and juniors who did not pass state-required standardized tests.
- Created and taught an original online summer English course.
- Developed a creative writing curriculum.
- Led team of junior English teachers through SAT-focused curriculum development.
- Member of one of the top-ranked public-school English departments in Indiana.
Sponsored the following clubs (in alphabetical order):
- Breakfast Club (a gathering of those who appreciate breakfast food)
- Debate Club
- Dungeons & Dragons
- Film Club
- Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA)
- Movie Club
- BC2M Mental Health Club
- National Honor Society
- Poetry Club
- Project Green (environmentalism club)
Coached the following sports and extracurricular activities (in alphabetical order):
- English Academic Team
- National Speech & Debate Association
- Spell Bowl Team
- Track & Field (shot and discus)
Other Professional Awards and Achievements
Earned the following awards and achievements:
- Three-time student-selected graduation speaker (2015, 2016, 2018)
- Yale Educator Award recipient (2018)
- Spoke at an “Is Your School Suicide Ready? Symposium as a representative of GSAs in Northwest Indiana (2018)
- English Department Chair (past)
Other Professional Involvement
- Member – Indiana University School of Education Alumni Association Board of Directors
- 2020 – Present
- Member – Dollars for Scholars of UTSC Board of Directors
- 2014 – 2022
- Member – MHS STEM Recertification Team
- 2021 – 2022
- Delegate – Indiana State Teachers Association Representative Assembly